Scared Apple Slices
When it comes to Halloween treats, it’s not hard to find plenty of unhealthy options! Even though I love to give my kids treats, I feel a little bit better if they have at least some nutritional value to them. That’s where Scared Apple Slices come into play. Chocolate covered apples are way better for my kids than chocolate covered nougat, right?
These were super easy to put together and they came out looking fantastic, don’t you think! They’re the perfect after school snack or addition to a kids’ Halloween party.
- Apple Slices
- Black Melting Chocolate
- White Writing Frosting
- Wooden Skewers
- Place one apple slice on a skewer. Repeat this for as many skewers you want to fill.
- Melt your chocolate in a bowl in the microwave.
- Quickly dip the apple slices into the chocolate and use a spoon if need be to coat them. I made my chocolate look a little rough for creepy effect.
- Place on wax paper to cool.
- Once cool, use your frosting to draw the eyes and mouth.
- Allow to dry and serve!
The best part about these scared apple slices is that the little ones can help put them together! Even if they’re too small to put the fruit on the skewers, kids can dip and draw the creepy faces! You can also change up the colors of melted chocolate to match different themes – green for Frankenstein or orange for Halloween, etc. There are so many possibilities!
If you liked Scared Apple Slices, you’ll love these other Halloween treats too!