By the time you have worked, driven kids to soccer practice, picked up prescriptions from the pharmacy, driven kids to school, picked kids up from school, and anything else on your long list of mom duties, dinner is not something you want to worry about. If your a mom, you aren’t lazy by any means. I don’t care who you are! However, sometimes, you just have to be lazy. So, here are the best dinner ideas for lazy moms!
10 Best Dinner Ideas For Lazy Moms
- Quick and Easy Nachos: Nachos are super easy, and who doesn’t love nachos. These Quick and Easy Nachos only need tortilla chips, ground beef, green peppers, onions, olives, shredded nacho cheese, and taco seasoning. For the super lazy mom, get out some tortilla chips, sprinkle some shredded cheese on top, and plop it in the microwave. Boom dinner done.
- Spaghetti and Ketchup:Hey it’s good enough for momma boo boo, so it’s good enough for any mom. Instead of having to run to the store for spaghetti sauce, add some ketchup, a can of diced tomatoes, and plop it in the bowl. Your kids will love it and won’t even know it’s ketchup.
- Gourmet Ramen Noodles: Ramen noodles are a childhood favorite. However, Ramen noodles aren’t necessarily the ideal dinner dish. Well, just make it a gourmet dish. Make your Ramen in a pot, add some frozen peas, some carrots, and some premade rotisserie chicken to the batch. Sprinkle in some shredded cheese and enjoy.
- Lunchmeat Quesadillas: Quesadillas are super easy to make. All you need are some soft tortillas, some shredded cheese and some lunch meat.I personally like ham, but you could use chicken or turkey, too. Put some shredded cheese and some lunch meat on one tortilla, cover it with another tortilla and plop it in the microwave for 1 minute. Use a pizza cut to cut it into Quesadilla slices. For a little more flavor, add a dash of red hot before heating.
- Crescent Dogs: Also known as “pigs in a blanket” crescent dogs are dish to devour. Grab a few cans of Pillsbury crescent rolls and a pack of hotdogs. Instead of rolling your crescent rolls, roll your hotdogs into them. For extra delish meal, go with cheese hot dogs. Bake as the directions tell you on the crescent roll can. These dogs go great with a side of chips or mac and cheese.
- Easy Peasy Pizzas: The great thing about homemade pizzas is that the kids can make them on their own. To create Daddy’s Special Pizzas, all you need is hamburger buns, marinara sauce, shredded cheese, and some thin sliced hot dogs. Let the kids make their own pizzas and plop it in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Jambalaya and Sausages: One of our favorite dishes is Jambalaya. Even though it may sound complicated, it is literally one of the easiest dishes to make. All you need is Zatarain’s Jambalaya rice mix and some some smoked sausage. Follow the directions on the box and slice up your sausage for a meal your kids won’t know came from a box.
- Tater Tot Casserole: Frozen tater tots in a bag, some cooked hamburger, 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup, and some shredded cheese is all you need for this easy dish. I mix the hamburger and cream of mushroom soup together and then layer tater tots, soup mix, and cheese. Put it in the oven for the time it takes to cook the tater tots and your golden.
- Tuna Mac: When it comes to Mac & Cheese, everyone loves it. So, why not spice it up and make it into a full dinner. Simply make your Mac & Cheese like you normally would. Open up 2-3 cans of tuna, drain it, and mix it in. If you want a little extra crunch and flavor, Smash up some French’s Fried Onions and mix it in.
- Tomato Sandwiches: For those hot days when you don’t want to turn anything on with heat, tomato sandwiches are a lifesaver. Slice up some tomatoes as you would for a burger and sprinkle them with seasoning salt. Toast your bread, slather it with mayo, and add your tomatoes for a delicious sandwich the whole family will love. If you need a little meat, fry up some bacon and call it a day.
Whether it’s been a long day, you have had time to think of anything to eat, or you’re just lazy, these meals will come in handy when you need them.
What other dinner ideas do you have for lazy moms? Share them in the comments below!