If you’re like me, the winter takes a toll on my skin and lips. Having the furnace running tends to dry out my skin and lips, so I am constantly drinking water to hydrate. But sometimes that doesn’t seem like it is enough. Sometimes a little exfoliating is necessary – especially on my lips. With 3 ingredients in most kitchens, you can make your own whipped sugar scrub for times just like this.
What you need for the Whipped Sugar Scrub:
¼ C Coconut oil (solid form)
¾ C White sugar
1 drop of red food coloring (optional)
- Use a Kitchenaid or electric mixer, to whip the coconut oil for about 30 seconds. (If the coconut oil is not solid to begin with, place in freezer until firm)
- Place whipped coconut oil in the freezer for 3 minutes.
- Whip again for 1 minute.
- Add sugar and whip for another minute
- If you choose to use food coloring, add coloring to fit your liking (We used 1 drop) and whip until combined.
How to use:
- Take a small amount and gently rub into your skin.
- Rinse thoroughly.
If you don’t have coconut oil, you can always check out this Sugar Scrub using Dawn Dish Soap