These Unicorn Hot Chocolate Bombs happen to be the cutest spin on the viral hot chocolate bomb trend ever. These adorable unicorns made with white chocolate are almost too cute to use! Just pour some hot milk about these white chocolate spheres and soon you will have a cup of delicious hot chocolate.
Unicorn Hot Chocolate Bombs
If you haven’t discovered this fun trend on making hot chocolate bombs, then you simply must start! The great thing about these is that your imagination is limitless. You can make them for Chinese New Year, Christmas, Valentine’s Day, St. Patrick’s Day and Easter!
And a great thing about the mold to make these chocolate bombs can be used in so many different ways.
Before you get started on this hot and comforting beverage, here are some answers to questions you might have.
How Do You Use Hot Chocolate Bombs?
Since these decadent balls of chocolate are full of hot chocolate mix and marshmallows, just put the chocolate sphere into a coffee mug and pour milk over the ball. The hot liquid will make the chocolate melt and all of the goodies inside will rise to the top.
How Long with Hot Chocolate Bombs Last?
They will last up to two weeks.
How do I store the Hot Chocolate Bombs?
If they are full of just hot cocoa mix and marshmallows, you can leave them on the counter. If you have alcohol or other liquid inside there, it’s best to store them in the fridge.
How to Make Unicorn Hot Chocolate Bombs
You will find a complete list of ingredients, supplies, as well as directions on the printable recipe card below. I have included in-process photos for your reference.
- 1 – 10 oz bag Ghirardelli White Melting Wafers
- 1 cup Hot Chocolate Mix or two packets of Instant Hot Chocolate Mix
- 2 cups Mini Marshmallows
- Unicorn Mix Sprinkles
- Unicorn Face Kit
- Pink Luster Dust (edible)
- Lucky Charm Marshmallows
- Place the mold(s) into the freezer while you are melting the chocolate.
- Melting the chocolate:
- You can either:
- Follow the directions on the package to melt the chocolate in the microwave in a microwave-safe bowl OR you can set up a double boiler to melt the chocolate.
- Once the chocolate is melted, remove the candy molds from the freezer and place on a small baking sheet. Next, add 1 tbsp of the chocolate into the mold. Use your spoon to move the chocolate around the inside of the mold. Make sure that you apply the chocolate evenly.
- Repeat the process for the remainder of the molds. When you are done, lightly tap the mold(s) to get any air bubbles out.
- Place the mold on the baking sheet back into the freezer and let the chocolate spheres set up for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Remove the white chocolate bomb molds from the freezer.
- Carefully remove the chocolate from the molds.
- Heat a plate in the microwave for approximately 60 seconds. Remove from the microwave then as you work on each mold, turn one of the bomb halves upside down and place it directly onto the hot plate for 5 to 10 seconds. You just want the rim to gently melt.
- Fill the molds with 1 tbsp of the hot cocoa mix and top with mini marshmallows.
- Then repeat the step to melt the rim of the bomb you are using to top your hot chocolate bomb.
- CAREFULLY press the two halves together.
- Repeat the process until all of the chocolate bombs are done.
- Use the leftover chocolate and use that to use as the “glue” to add your decorations onto the mold. For the Unicorn eyes, it is easier to use a toothpick to add on the chocolate since it’s not that wide of an area. You will need to hold each item in place for a few seconds. .
- After you add on the unicorn decorations, then “glue” on the flowers.
- To use the bomb, place it in a large mug, pour warm milk over it and stir until everything is mixed together and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1360Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 969mgCarbohydrates: 238gFiber: 13gSugar: 178gProtein: 17g