When your looking for something sweet and chocolaty a dairy free dessert is hard to come by if as most chocolate has some form of dairy in it. Fortunately the kids love fruit and we tend to eat alot of it as a simple dessert. but if you are looking for something other than fruit, you have to get creative. We found that Mr. D can have Oreo cookies and that makes him happy but I was in a baking mood and wanted to make something special… One of my favorite desserts if eating out is the Chocolate or cherry turn over at Arby’s. I cant make those for Mr. D and he certainly cant have them from Arby’s.
May I present… Chocolate Filled Crescent Rolls: A Mr. D friendly dessert! 🙂
So easy to make with 3 simple ingredients, baking sheet and the oven.
- Follow the directions on the package for the rolls to preheat the oven and then spray the baking sheet with non stick cooking spray Open the rolls and roll them out.
- After separating them, place a few pieces of chocolate in the center before rolling them up.
- After rolling them up, place them on the baking sheet and put them in the oven for the recommended time.
- When they are done bring them out and place either on a cooling rack or on a plate and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Taking the chocolate syrup bottle, swipe the syrup across the top of the rolls as it pours out slowly.
- You can make your own pattern and use as much or as little as you like.