If you’re looking for a great recipe to share with your Christian family and friends, these Resurrection Cupcakes are the perfect solution! They tell the story of the stone being rolled away from the empty tomb in the most delicious way possible!
Using a few common ingredients, you can create your own resurrection cupcakes (or even cookies) in no time!
First, begin by preparing the “tomb” and “stone”. Cut each marshmallow and doughnut in half.
Dip the sticky side of the marshmallow in white sugar.
Using chocolate frosting, decorate the cupcake to look like the garden path.
Next, pipe green frosting on each cupcake to resemble grass. The easiest way to do that is by using Wilton’s #233 grass tip. If you don’t have the grass tip, you can use a regular flower tip.
Finally, decorate with flower sprinkles.
Press a doughnut half against the icing where the path meets the grass. Then press one of the marshmallow halves to the side of the doughnut to represent the stone that was rolled away.
With these fun and tasty Resurrection cupcakes, you can easily tell the greatest story ever to your kids, your grandkids, and anyone else who you’d like to share the good news with! The cupcakes make a fantastic conversation starter for any time you’re ready to talk about the miracle of the Resurrection!
The sweet treats are also perfect for church lunches and brunches as well as Sunday School events any time of year!
- 12 cupcakes your favorite
- 1 cup green frosting your favorite
- ¼ cup chocolate frosting your favorite
- 1 tablespoon flower sprinkles
- 12 mini powdered doughnuts
- 6 large marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- Gently cut ⅓ off each doughnut to create a flat surface where the “tomb” can rest against the icing when the cupcake is assembled.
- Cut each marshmallow in half and dip the sticky side in white sugar.
- On cupcakes, spread a line of chocolate frosting to represent the garden path.
- Pipe green frosting on each cupcake to resemble grass.
- Press a doughnut “tomb” against the icing where the path meets the grass. Then, press a sugared marshmallow to the side of the doughnut to represent the stone that was rolled away.
- Sprinkle flower sprinkles over the green icing and press lightly to attached.