Fireball Apple Cinnamon Crisp
- 3 Granny Smith apples - peeled and diced
- 2 red Honeycrisp or Fuji apples best for baking
- 1 cup brown sugar divided
- 1 cup whole wheat flour divided
- 1/2 cup rolled oats old fashioned, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup Redhots candies
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 4 Tablespoons Fireball Whiskey
- 6 Tablespoons cold butter - cubed
- Ice cream or whipped cream
- Grease a 2 quart casserole/baking dish and set aside.
- Peel and slice the apples and place in a large mixing bowl. Add 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup flour and 1/4 cup oatmeal and gently stir to evenly coat the apples.
- Add the Redhots candies and toss to mix. Transfer to the greased baking dish.
- In a measuring cup, add the apple cider and Fireball whiskey. Stir to combine. Pour the mixture on top of the apples.
- For the topping, add 3/4 cup of brown sugar, 3/4 cup flour and 1/4 cup rolled oats in a medium mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Use a fork or pastry blender to cut in the cold butter cubes until the topping resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle the topping evenly on top of the apples.
- Bake at 350° for 50 to 55 minutes or until the topping is golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream.
As you can see, the Fireball Apple Cinnamon Crisp has some of our favorites in it – Apples, Red Hots and Fireball Whisky!
If you’ve never had Fireball, this RED HOT alcohol is a Cinnamon Whisky.
The best way to eat this Fireball Apple Cinnamon Crisp is topped with a dollop of vanilla ice cream. This combination is a match made in heaven.