Easter is right around the corner… And all the bunnies are hiding – in Cupcakes that is! This is the perfect Easter themed cupcake that is sure to be a hit with all the kids; Bunny Tails and Eggs Cupcakes.
Bunny Tails & Eggs Vanilla Cupcake Ingredients:
- 1/2 C unsalted butter, room temp
- 2 egg white, room temp
- 2 eggs, room temp
- 2 C flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 C buttermilk
- 1 1/2 C sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
Green Vanilla Frosting Ingredients:
- 1 C soft unsalted butter
- 4 + C powder sugar
- 4 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- Grass Green gel food coloring
- 1 bag of small Easter malted eggs
- Wilton Icing Decorations Bunny feet
- 1 package of white chocolate wafers
Bunny Tails and Eggs Vanilla Cupcake Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the cupcake tin with paper liners.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- Beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high for 30 seconds in a separate mixing bowl.
- Add the sugar and vanilla to the butter while continuing to beat until well combined.
- Add egg whites, and eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Alternate, the flour mixture and buttermilk to the butter mixture, beating on low speed until everything is blended together.
- Scoop the batter into the lined cupcake tins until 2/3 filled.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes.
- Transfer cooled cupcakes to a wire rack allowing to cool completely.
Grass Green Vanilla Frosting Directions:
- Cream the butter and powder sugar until it looks light and creamy.
- If it doesn’t cream add several drops of the heavy whipping cream until it creams.
- Test to see if the frosting can form and hold a stiff peak by taking a spoonful of frosting and turning the spoon upside down. If the frosting stays on the spoon it is ready if not then….
- Add more powder sugar 1/2 C at a time…. mix well.
- Remove 4 tablespoons of whiting frosting. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- Spoon the white frosting into a piping bag with a medium sized tip.
- Add several drops of the grass green gel food coloring. Mix well to incorporate the color thorough out the frosting.
- If ready scoop the frosting into a pastry bag with a large star tip.
- Twist the open end of the pastry bag to push the frosting to the star tip.
- Start by frosting on the outside edge of the cupcake working to the center of the cupcake.
- Place the white chocolate wafer on the frosted cupcake as displayed in the picture.
- Lay the bunny feet below the the white chocolate wafer.
- Dollop a drop of white icing on the center of the chocolate wafer.
Position the malted Easter eggs, in a set of three together. That’s all there is to it! Now serve up these adorable Bunny Tails & Eggs Cupcakes and wait for compliments!