If you have ever been left with a child that devoured a large amount of candy in their stocking on Christmas morning before breakfast you understand why putting candy in a stocking may not be the best idea. Kids can be a handful and giving them a lot of sugar right before taking them to dinner at the in-laws may not be your idea of a great way to start the day. These great stocking stuffer ideas will help you fill those stockings without the sugar.
6 Non-candy stocking stuffer ideas
- Fidget Toys: Fidget toys are very popular.The child favorite fidget spinner is the perfect size to put in your child’s stocking and there is a huge selection of styles so you can pick one perfect for your child.
- Slime: Slime is one of the most popular toys out there right now and a container of cool slime like Unicorn Poop is sure to be a hit inside your child’s stocking this year.
- Small Beauty Items: Small beauty items are always a hit in girl’s stockings. Bonbon nail polishes and lip smackers lip balms are sure to send you back into memories of your own stockings ads a child. Add in some scrunchies that are making a come back for all the nostalgia you can take.
- Matchbox Cars: Matchbox cars are still popular and part of nearly every child’s personal collection. These relatively cheap toy cars are great for killing boredom all year long.
- School & Art Supplies: School and art supplies are always great for tossing into a stocking. Even if you do not have a stash from the back to school sales you will find that most crayons, colored pencils, and markers are going on sale in time for the holidays.
- Headphones or Jewelry: Older kids and teens stockings can feel hard to find stuffers for but with a little thought, they because just as easy to shop for. Older kids and teens go through headphones fast making them great options, jewelry, makeup, and items for sports are always fillers for teens.