Disclosure: Purchases made through links provide us with a small commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please refer to our disclosure policy for more information.
My son and I was recently giving the opportunity to see a pre-screening of the new Disney movie Frozen.
The movie was loosely inspired by Hans Christian Anderson’s story, Snow Queen. The movie about two sibling princesses, one with a secret that she was forced to hide from everyone including her sister. And another princess who doesn’t understand why her sister hid away from her and when she finds out why she sets out to prove to everyone that her sister isn’t a monster everyone thinks she is.
The movie is on the same level as Tangled and Brave, which both were great movies to me. Frozen was written and directed by Jennifer Lee (Wreck-It Ralph) & Chuck Beck (Surf’s Up & The Little Mermaid.) Even though the movie left me wanting more to the story, the characters made it worth seeing. My son enjoyed every minute of it and the loved the characters (Seven & Olaf being his favorite.) There are several character that stood out and what made them remember able :
1) Elsa: A princess with a secret that after a childhood accident is forced to hid away from everyone including her sister, Anna. The fear of her secret and the accident in her childhood leaves her afraid of what terrible things could happen if anyone finds out about it. Once, her secret is found out, she runs away from everyone including her sister.
2) Anna: A princess and Elsa’s sister. Anna doesn’t understand why her sister hid from her. Upon questioning her sister she discovers along with the towns people what her sisters secret is. Afterwards, she sets out on a journey to find her sister and proof that Elsa isn’t a monster like the towns people thinks she is.
3) Hans: A prince with a hidden agenda who falls in love with Anna. They decide to get married. When Anna leaves to go after her sister, Anna leaves Hans in charge of the city which may not have been the best decision.
4) Kristoff: An ice trader who helps Anna along the way to find her sister. He reluctantly agrees to help Anna find her sister. Who later Anna falls in love with.
5) Sven: Is Kristoff trusty reindeer who doesn’t speak, unless Kristoff pretends that he does, and speak for him.
6) Olaf: A snowman Elsa magically brings to life and helps Anna on her journey to find her sister, Elsa. He dreams to be in the warm summer sun and feel the warmth of the sun on his snowy skin. Unfortunately he doesn’t realize what happens to snow when things sstart to get hot out. He has to e one of my favorite characters of this movie. A magical snowman with a big warm heart, that makes you laugh through the entire movie. Kinda reminds me of Billy Crystal made of snow, well sort of.
If your young and old it’s a great movie for just about anyone in your life. Frozen comes out this November 27, right before Thanksgiving. If given the opportunity I would see this movie again and again. I received no compensation for my review of this film besides quality time with my son, CJ, and a great movie.